things are as good for you as regular physical activity.
While it can be hard to find the time, it's important to
fit in at least 30 minutes of activity every day. More
is even better, but any amount is better than none. |
For parents and grandparents
- Choose activities you enjoy. Many things count as exercise, like walking,
gardening, and dancing.
- Make exercise a habit by setting aside the same time for it each day--try
going to the gym each day at lunchtime
or taking a walk regularly after dinner.
- Stay motivated by exercising
- Play active games with your kids regularly, and go on family
walks and bike rides when the weather allows.
- Encourage children to play outside (when it’s
safe) and to take part in organized activities, like soccer, gymnastics,
- Walk with your kids to school in the morning. It's great exercise